TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions govern your use of the Site and contain warranty and liability disclaimers. Please read them carefully before proceeding to use the Injunction Applications Alert Site. By using the Injunction Applications Alert Site, you will be taken to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions in the same way as if you had signed a printed version, and they will continue to apply every time you use the Injunction Applications Alert Site. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use the Injunction Applications Alert Site.
- The 'Applications for Injunction Applications Alert' section of the Media Lawyer web site ('the Injunction Applications Alert Site') is hosted by PA News Limited (registered in England under the number: 3891053) of PA NewsCentre, 292 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 1AE (the "PA").
- The Press Association's CopyDirect service ('CopyDirect') referred to in the Injunction Applications Alert Site is a division of PA News Limited.
- PA is not responsible and accepts no liability for the content of the Injunction Applications Alert Site.
- Service of advance notice of applications for reporting restriction orders in the Family Division of the High Court ('Notification') to CopyDirect as described in this Injunction Applications Alert Site is not a substitute for notifying individual media organisations of any orders which are subsequently issued. Appropriate local and regional newspapers and magazines should still be served with application notices in the same way.
- Any Notification submitted to CopyDirect must be made in accordance with the directions included as part of the Injunction Applications Alert Site - any failure to do so may result in CopyDirect being unable to notify the media company subscribers of the application.
- PA will use all reasonable endeavours to submit any Notification it receives to subscribing media organisations as soon as is reasonably practicable within CopyDirect's operational hours. The PA gives no warranty or representation and accepts no liability with regard to the services to be rendered by CopyDirect (except for direct loss suffered by you to the extent arising from the PA's negligence or wilful default). However, nothing in the Agreement shall limit the PA's liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or in relation to any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- The PA shall use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the availability of the Injunction Applications Alert Site but does not warrant the availability of the Injunction Applications Alert Site. The PA does not accept any liability for failures or breakdowns in network connections and/or end-to-end connectivity across the Internet and/or performance problems experienced on Internet networks outside the PA's direct control.
- The Site may contain links to various web sites that are operated by third parties over whom the PA has no control. The PA therefore does not make any representation - and does not accept any liability - in respect of the content, products or services available from such web sites, or the business of such third parties.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
↑ Top of page